YHGSA Working Groups 2007 – 2009
Linking – global school partnerships
Chrissie Dell – Centre for Global Education York
Rob Unwin – Development Education Centre South Yorkshire
Alison Huntley – Leeds Development Education Centre
Liz Roodhouse (Coordinator) – Craven Development Education Centre
Kathryn Cummings (Primary Teacher) – Dunnington CE School
Alice Nicholson (Secondary Teacher) – Northcliffe School
Rebecca Mason – CAMAS North Yorkshire Local Authority
Doroto Wierzbica – Global School Partnerships
Sarah Fishwick – Ripon & Leeds Dioceses
The overall aims of the Working Group:
Encourage, promote and support schools across Yorkshire and the Humber to establish and sustain high quality N-S curriculum-based Links through:
1. Facilitating networks and delivering courses.
2. Working in partnership with local authorities, clusters of schools and other relevant bodies.
3. Providing ‘seed corn’ funding to support the aim and supporting schools to access further funding.
4. Stimulating debate and discussion about good practice.
5. Collecting and publicising case studies and guidance on good practice.
6. Supporting the embedding of a Link across the whole school.