YHGSA Working Groups
Curriculum and Continuing Professional Development
A Ranson & T Sandbach – Projects & Services Coordinators, Leeds DEC
Rob Unwin – Centre Coordinator, DEC South Yorkshire
Kathryn Tissiman – Former Head Teacher, Wistow CE Primary
Yvette Fox – Adviser, East Riding LA
Mick Bradley – DE Staff Team, Centre for Global Education
Jo Harding – Hull Schools Linking Officer, Hull DEC
Liz Roodhouse – Coordinator, Craven DEC
The overall aims of the Working Group:
There has been some consultation with Global School Partnerships and regional Local Authorities and it is possible in future that these organisations maybe represented on the group.
1. To work with Local Authorities (officers, Lead Professionals) and
other networks to support schools in embedding the Global Dimension in
2. To support schools in achieving the Global Schools Award.
3. To use the expertise of schools who have applied for the Award to act as promoters.
4. To co-ordinate the delivery of CPD on the Global Dimension of the Curriculum.
5. To promote the Global Dimension by helping schools make links with other initiatives (e.g. Eco Schools, Sustainable Schools; KS1/2/3/4 New Curriculum, ISA, Fair Trade Schools Award,
SEAL, Equalities Legislation, North South Linking, Rights Respecting Schools, ECM).
6. To specifically manage the Fair Trade Foundation accreditation scheme for the region.
7. Actively promote & multiply good practice from existing projects.